Is your Sem Lewis item broken? Of course we find this very unfortunate and we would like to solve it for you. Fortunately, at Sem Lewis we are also able to repair your item!
Before we can help you with your defective item, please contact our customer service. Always mention the order number of your article and send a picture/video showing the defect. Include a clear explanation of how the damage or defect occurred. In case of a simple defect, our customer service will help you as soon as possible with a clear solution. If a physical repair is required, our repair department will assess the defect and contact you within 3 working days regarding the necessary next steps.
Repairs that have not been reported to us in advance cannot be processed. The cost of a sent repair that has not been reported is € 14.95. A repair is only covered by warranty if you enclose proof of purchase. If a guarantee certificate was provided with your purchase, then you must also send it along.
Is my repair covered by warranty?
- Watches are guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty covers the timepiece, dials and watch face.
- Damage resulting from improper use, negligence, unauthorised maintenance, other defects not attributable to material or workmanship, accidents or normal wear and tear are not covered by the warranty.
- Watches that are not under warranty include the strap, the glass, the battery and the crown (the button that sets the time).
- When removing or adding links a watch is no longer covered by the warranty.
- Material defects in jewellery are covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- If the item has been used improperly, e.g. bumped or dropped, you cannot claim a free repair or replacement.
- For bags, the product and/or manufacturing defects are covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
- Wear and tear, damage or improper use are excluded from the warranty. This is at the discretion of the manufacturer of the product.
What are the repair costs outside the warranty?
What are the repair costs if there is no guarantee? These costs depend entirely on the article and the defect. If the costs are higher than € 50.00, you will first receive an estimate. You then have the following choices:
- You agree to the quote. As soon as you have paid the repair invoice, we will proceed to repair the item and return it to you immediately after repair.
- You do not agree with the estimate and wish to receive the item back. You pay €24.95 for the investigation fee plus €6.95 for postage. After receiving the payment we will return the article.
- You do not agree with the quotation and do not wish to receive the article back. The article becomes our property.
After your repair has been reported and approved, download the repair form. Fill in the repair form as carefully as possible and add the form to the package to be sent. Send the package to our return address.
Frequently asked questions about repairs
On whose account are the costs of sending in repair items?
The cost of the return shipment is to be borne by the purchaser. You are responsible for the proper packaging of your return shipment so that the article is well protected during transport. Sem Lewis cannot be held responsible if a parcel does not arrive or arrives damaged. If you would like to insure your parcel so that there is no risk of loss, you can choose to send your parcel by registered post at the post office.
Who bears the risk of returning repair items?
- Returns are at the risk of the buyer. This means that Sem Lewis is not responsible for damaged or lost items that are returned. Therefore, always ask for a shipping receipt at the post office and keep it safe. This way you can find out the status of your package.
How long does it take to repair an item?
- The average repair time for an item is 2-6 weeks.
- In exceptional cases, the repair time may be longer than 6 weeks. Should this be the case, you will of course be informed. When parts are not in stock and have to be sent by the supplier, the repair time can also be longer than 6 weeks.
Do you have other questions?
Please contact our customer service.